Messenger Leather Journal
Inspired by Lieutenant Dunbar's journal in the film Dances with Wolves, the Messenger Journal features a secure double tie wrap closure and a fold-over leather flap—as versatile in a boardroom as it is on a hiking trail. This journal makes a statement wherever it goes, and is a much-loved conversation piece. It is handcrafted from top grain American-sourced leather and hand-sewn in our artisan workshop. As with all of our products, it's made to withstand the test of time.
About the Messenger Leather Journal
- Manufacturer: Rustico
- SKU: BK0060-0003
- Dimensions: 6.25" x 9"
- 160 blank 5.5" x 8.5" pages
- Rough-cut cream-colored paper
- Made from top-grain cowhide
- Secured with a double wrap closure
- Hand-sewn binding
- This item is non-refillable
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- Each package is bundled in #50 heavyweight brown kraft paper and fastened with seasonally themed twine. See an example
- Personalizations are laser engraved in Garamond Bold font. See some examples
- Your personalization will appear inside the gray box as detailed in the illustration below:
- This item is hand-made to order. To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed above for an accurate idea of when this item will ship. Rush Orders
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
I've tried a few different leather journals from various companies over the years but none of them ever lived up to my expectations. Rustico has managed to tie together a classic, rugged design with smooth and functional paper. The journal is a joy to write and paint in. I'm excited to fill this one up so I can order my next journal from Rustico!
Purchased for my boyfriend for our 4 year anniversary and he is absolutely beyond satisfied with this journal. He can not wait to create something special with this journal
Anniversary gift for my husband
It’s beautiful and the personalization was perfect. He loved it. The leather and craftsmanship was excellent. Will order from this company again.