The Weekender is an extra-large bag for weekends – or weeks – away. It was inspired by an antique Air Force bag and suitably fits in the overhead compartment of a plane. The leather straps can be held in the hand or upon the shoulder. The bag opens wide and has one pocket on the front and two small pockets inside. This duffel was built to endure – load it up, bring it everywhere.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability
About the Weekender
- Manufacturer: Peg and Awl
- SKU: WKDRTR
- - 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- - Leather handles from deadstock to well-worn WWII gunsling
- - Vintage zipper colour varies from bag to bag
- - Brass rivets
- - 1 exterior and 2 interior pockets
- - 7 canvas colours available
- - Minimally packaged with a letterpressed tag and string
- Weight is approximately 2 lbs. 10 oz.
- Inches: 14″ tall by 23″ long by 10″ wide
- Metric: 35.4 cm tall by 58.4 cm long by 25.4 cm wide
- Shoulder Strap:
- Inches: Approximately 24″ long, shoulder drop 11″
- Metric: Approximately 61 cm long, shoulder drop 28 cm
- Exterior Pocket:
- Inches: 7.75″ wide (top), 11″ wide (bottom) by 8.75″ tall
- Metric: 19.7 cm wide (top), 27.9 cm (bottom) by 22.2 cm tall
- Interior Pockets:
- Inches: Two 4″ wide (top), 5″ wide (bottom) by 5″ tall
- Metric: Two 10.2″ wide (top), 12.7 cm wide (bottom) by 12.7 cm tall
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed on the product page for handmade items for an accurate idea of when handmade items will ship. We typically ship orders that do not include a handmade item, such as pens and accessories, within 1 to 3 business days.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.