Gist Fountain Pen - Copper
The perfect writing instrument. Simple, purposeful, and modern, the Tactile Turn Gist Fountain Pen is made in Richardson, Texas by a group of talented, American craftsmen. The pen is built out of premium Copper. It has a refillable ink plunger, comes with a premium stainless steel nib, and features a unique textured exterior for an excellent grip and enhanced usability. Pair this pen with one of our leather journals for a blissful writing experience.
Comes with a complimentary leather sleeve in your choice of color that can be personalized.
About the Gist Fountain Pen - Copper
- Manufacturer: Tactile Turn
- SKU: AC0427-CP05
- Made from 145 Copper
- Fine steel nib
- Capped 5.15" or 130.8mm
- Posted 6.10" or 155mm
- 80.6 grams or 2.84 oz
- Body Color: Copper
- Body Material: Copper
- Cap Type: Screw-cap
- Compatible inks & refills: Bottled inks, Standard international long cartridges, Standard international short cartridges
- Filling Mechanism: Cartridge, Converter
- Grip Material: Copper
- Nib Color: Silver
- Nib Material: Steel
- Nib Size: Fine
- Diameter - Body: 12.7mm (0.5in)
- Diameter - Cap (without clip): 14mm (0.6in)
- Diameter - Cap (with clip): 17.5mm (0.7in)
- Diameter - Grip: 9.5mm (0.4in)
- Length - Body: 118.3mm (4.7in)
- Length - Cap: 64.6mm (2.5in)
- Length - Nib: 23.3mm (0.9in)
- Length - Overall (Closed): 128.5mm (5.1in)
- Length - Overall (Posted): 152.6mm (6in)
- Weight - Body: 47.6g (1.7oz)
- Weight - Cap: 23g (0.8oz)
- Weight - Overall: 75.6g (2.7oz)
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- Each package is bundled in #50 heavyweight brown kraft paper and fastened with seasonally themed twine. See an example
- Personalizations are laser engraved in Garamond Bold font. See some examples
- Your personalization will appear inside the orange box as detailed in the illustration below:
- To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed on the product page for handmade items for an accurate idea of when handmade items will ship. We typically ship orders that do not include a handmade item, such as pens and accessories, within 1 to 3 business days.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
Shipped very fast, would buy again..
The copper Tactile Turn Gist fountain pen is an excellent everyday carry option, and a wonderful match for Rustico's leather notebooks and covers. It's a smaller fountain pen, but the solid copper makes it heavier than even an equivalently sized brass-body fountain pen, so it's well balanced in the hand without having to be posted. I prefer the Gist to the Kaweco Sport or Brass Sport. The steel nib is a relatively smooth writer, and writes a bit wider than expected for a fine. I'd consider this a medium or even medium-to-broad pen. I normally swap fine nibs for wider alternatives, but I'm happy to leave the fine nib on this one.
Copper is a soft metal, so the pen is prone to scratching. Best to keep it in a leather sleeve or in a pocket free from other metal items such as keys or knives. However, the natural patina and ageing of copper will tend to make scratches even out over time, at least visually. Like Rustico leather, expect the pen to evolve and "wear in" over time.
I'm docking a star because my pen developed a crack in the cap soon after I began using it. Rustico and Tactile Turn were responsive and helpful in replacing the cap for me. Still, the precise spot where the crack developed appears to be a potential weak spot in the design of the cap and the threads, so it's possible that this may be a systematic, rather than one-off, problem.