Inspired by my “Weekly Readers” book club tote that served as my bag for many years, this small tote is perfect for a few essentials and will leave you unburdened, especially if you are the type who loathes a weighty carryall. Perfect for books, iPads, e-readers, &c.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
Emmett, our laser engraving machine and in-house scribe, allows you to personalize our bags!
The monogram is laser-engraved on vegetable-tanned leather and attached with brass rivets (see the product photographs for an example). Note that the monogram is on the reverse side of the bag and does not replace the Peg and Awl brand. Be sure to include your wished-for letters in the order notes (up to 3) when placing your order! MONOGRAMMED BAGS ARE NOT RETURNABLE.
- Manufacturer: Peg and Awl
- SKU: READTR
- Many of our items are hand-made to order. To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated lead time listed above for an accurate idea of when your order will ship.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen. You may add our shipping warranty to your cart at checkout in order to protect against incidents such as this.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.