Explorer Leather Satchel
You know that satchel 20 years from now sitting by your desk? The one you took everywhere. Meet the Explorer Satchel, famous for enduring all adventures. Top-grain leather and handmade in the USA.
About the Explorer Leather Satchel
- Manufacturer: Rustico
- SKU: AC0200-0003
- Dimensions: 10" x 13" x 2"
- Exterior backside pouch
- Secured with a Flap closure
- Made from top-grain cowhide
- Strap has a 22" drop meant for cross-body wearing
- Unique rugged construction
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- Each package is bundled in #50 heavyweight brown kraft paper, fastened with twine and completed with a leather Rustico hang tag.
- Personalizations are laser engraved in Garamond Bold font. See some examples
- This item is hand-made to order. To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed above for an accurate idea of when this item will ship. Rush Orders
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for this above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
I have been looking for something like this for quite a few years. Almost missed it, but there it was in a little shop in Graeagle, CA. Simple, rugged, "real- sized," and very nicely put together. It holds everything I need, and goes great with my either my Scala or my Stetson -- in the hills or on the town. :)
This a a very cool large satchel that reminds me of the cool (actually canvas in the movie) bag Indiana Jones had. In high school my artist friends and I loved satchels for our art books and journals. We were all aspiring writers and didn’t care about the odd “that looks like a purse” comment. When I first saw this bag I thought bam it’s time to get a new satchel. I actually have two of these. One slightly larger than the other. It’s a great travel bag for air travel and hotels. Having all the little gadgets and items fit in quick and easy makes checking in and security smooth. I like to keep a travel journal. Notebook and some cool pens and pencils in there. It also matches some of my other leather luggage and easily fills out into a set. Rustico is a very nice smaller leather goods maker and a nice American company. Check out one of these bags for yourself.