Observer Leather Journal
As inspired by our Traveler's Journal, the Observer is handmade in the 19th century, envelope-style cut with a single tie wrap closure. It features top-quality, hand-cut paper and is perfect for recording everything from deepest thoughts to daily experiences. The compact size makes it a great backpacking journal that's sure to survive any adventure...from the peak of a mountain to the 2nd-floor office.
About the Observer Leather Journal
- Manufacturer: Rustico
- SKU: BK0070-0002
- 6.5" x 8"
- 96 blank 6.25" x 8.5" pages
- Rough-cut, cream-colored paper
- Made from top-grain cowhide
- Flap-tie closure
- This item is non-refillable
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- Each piece is carefully wrapped with eco-friendly FSC Certified tissue paper in a sturdy kraft box filled with crinkle paper and 100% jute twine. See an example
- Personalizations are laser engraved in Garamond Bold font. Please note that we can engrave text and numbers only and not emoji's or other non-standard characters. See some examples
- Your personalization will appear inside the gray box as detailed in the illustration below:
- This item is hand-made to order. To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed above for an accurate idea of when this item will ship. Rush Orders
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
Great journal. Was very happy with quality of it..
Again I’m loving this journal. It’s a Christmas gift for my son. Nothing better than to give the gift of journaling. Rustico you have done it again... I love it!
Like it so far! Have not actually drawn in it. It looks too good to use. Planning on using it to make a bird book with sketches and pictures of local birds in the area. I think it's the perfect size! I got the 6.5" x 8".
My Granddaughter and I share a love of reading, and we “ journal”. From a conversation had learned her current journal was full and would be looking for a new one. I happened on this Rustico ad, and purchased. I chose the rustic leather look because she and I are into GOT, Tolkien, Harry Potter etc. It was perfect, she absolutely loves it.
My journal arrived and is amazing! Highly recommend.