Observer Leather Journal
As inspired by our Traveler's Journal, the Observer is handmade in the 19th century, envelope-style cut with a single tie wrap closure. It features top-quality, hand cut paper and is perfect for recording everything from deepest thoughts to the days experiences. At 6.5 inches by 8 inches, it makes a great backpacking journal that will be sure to survive any adventure...from the peak of a mountain to the 2nd floor office.
About the Observer Leather Journal
- Manufacturer: Rustico
- SKU: BK0070-0003
- 6.5" x 8"
- 96 blank 6.25" x 8.5" pages
- Rough-cut, cream-colored paper
- Made from top-grain cowhide
- Flap-tie closure
- This item is non-refillable
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- Each package is bundled in #50 heavyweight brown kraft paper, fastened with twine and completed with a leather Rustico hang tag. See an example
- Personalizations are laser engraved in Garamond Bold font. See some examples
- Your personalization will appear inside the gray box as detailed in the illustration below:
- This item is hand-made to order. To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed above for an accurate idea of when this item will ship. Rush Orders
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
This is my second order from Rustico. My wife and I are always happy with our orders. The quality is hands down the best.
I got this as a wedding day present for my fiancée and have been writing in it over the span of our engagement. The paper is nice and thick, with rustic type edges, it's the perfect size for me. Not too big but not tiny either. It would fit in a medium purse or small backpack easily. It's about the size of my hand (see picture).
I use a 0.7 fine tip rolling ball pen, the flow works well with the paper. It doesn't bleed through or smudge or spread in the fibers. I want one for myself. I'm actually addicted to writing in it and the smell of the leather is wonderful. All in all, completely satisfied with my purchase. Can't wait to give her the journal.
This journal is absolutely beautiful. This is my second purchase from Rustico and it won’t be my last. The leather is gorgeous and fragrant, the “natural” edged paper is a great unique touch. True quality with this company. The personalization is an awesome and it is so reasonably priced.
Very attentive and helpful customer service.. beautiful leather journal. Thank you!!
This is am amazing journal. Well crafted and looks incredible. It's already got some scuff marks on it and it just adds more character and style to it.