Observer Leather Journal
As inspired by our Traveler's Journal, the Observer is handmade in the 19th century, envelope-style cut with a single tie wrap closure. It features top-quality, hand-cut paper and is perfect for recording everything from deepest thoughts to daily experiences. The compact size makes it a great backpacking journal that's sure to survive any adventure...from the peak of a mountain to the 2nd-floor office.
About the Observer Leather Journal
- Manufacturer: Rustico
- SKU: BK0070-0002
- 6.5" x 8"
- 96 blank 6.25" x 7.5" pages
- Rough-cut, cream-colored paper
- Made from top-grain cowhide
- Flap-tie closure
- This item is non-refillable
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
Gift Wrapping ($10)
- Each piece is carefully wrapped with eco-friendly FSC Certified tissue paper in a sturdy kraft box filled with crinkle paper and 100% jute twine. See an example
Personalizations ($8 - $12)
- Personalizations are laser engraved in Garamond Bold font. Please note that we can engrave text and numbers only and not emoji's or other non-standard characters.
Refer to the image below for a reference of how an egraving will appear on your chosen color.
See personalized product examples
- Your personalization will appear inside the gray box as detailed in the illustration below:
- This item is hand-made to order. To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed above for an accurate idea of when this item will ship. Rush Orders
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
We purchased this journal to write in every year on our son's birthday. He's turning 1 in a few weeks so this journal will need to last a long time and it looks like it will! We were very satisfied with the quality for the price point and the personalization looks great!
Very authentic and great quality. It was a gift and they loved it!
We needed additional pages in our family journal so we ordered and additional book. The quality of the new one appears to to be consistent we the old one which had many memories documented in it. Now we can keep making new memories and recording them.Preserving them for future generations
High quality, quick shipping, beautiful journal. I gave as a gift and they loved it. Personalization is nice too.
Disappointed with the journal for the price. Based on the picture I ordered the natural color, but it is more pinkish than the color showed and looks inexpensive. The block letters were not very pretty either. Did not feel comfortable giving it as a gift and so ordered another from a different company. Sorry for the lackluster review, but you asked.