The Finch Satchel
The Finch Satchel is the last messenger bag you will need. Throw it across your body and do just about anything with it. The Finch’s simple shape will hold most of your daily needs and includes two interior pockets for organizing the little things like pens and pencils, lip balm, keys, wallet, &c. Two additional small pockets are situated on the outside for easy access to additional small needs. The flap covers the satchel for daily use, but for those city dwellers, travelers and those others wanting some more security, the satchel closes with a detachable vintage zipper that tucks in neatly when undesired.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
This satchel was built to endure. Load it up, bring it everywhere.
About the The Finch Satchel
- Manufacturer: Peg and Awl
- SKU: FNCH12CL
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Adjustable and detachable reclaimed leather strap
- Leather from deadstock to well-worn WWII gunsling
- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- Vintage zipper colour varies from bag to bag
- Zipper separates and tucks inside bag when not in use
- Brass rivets and button studs
- 2 exterior and 2 interior pockets
- 7 canvas colours available
- Weight is approximately 1 lb. 4 oz.
- Inches: 8.75″ tall by 12″ wide by 3.75″ deep
- Metric: 22.2 cm tall by 30.5 cm wide by 9.5 cm deep
- Shoulder Strap:
- Inches: Approximately 45″ long; 19″ shoulder drop
- Metric: Approximately 114 cm long; 48 cm shoulder drop
- Exterior Pockets:
- Inches: Two 3.5″ wide by 4.75″ tall
- Metric: Two 8.9 cm wide by 12.1 cm tall
- Interior Pockets:
- Inches: Two 5.75″ wide by 6″ tall
- Metric: Two 14.6 cm by 15.2 cm tall
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed on the product page for handmade items for an accurate idea of when handmade items will ship. We typically ship orders that do not include a handmade item, such as pens and accessories, within 1 to 3 business days.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for this above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.