The Small Hunter Satchel
It is said in the army when preparing for a mission, “bring only what you need.” In the world of exploration, “bring only what you need.” And again in setting out to scale a mountain “bring only what you need.”
Our Hunter Satchel is reminiscent of the satchels of colonial days – carried by the likes of George Washington, of the Possibles Bag from Mountain Men traversing the American frontier in the early 1880s, and of the military map cases strapped to the backs of soldiers who fought bravely in WWII. Each bag was designed to simply carry the essential items of their time and circumstance. Constructed from wax canvas, leather from WWII gunslings and vintage fabric from the late 1800s, our Hunter Satchel continues this legacy for our day. Whether it be a journal, pens, pencils and a few snacks for a walk in the woods, or a wallet, keys and phone for a night excursion on the city streets, the Hunter Satchel is perfectly sized to bring only what you need.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
About the The Small Hunter Satchel
- Manufacturer: Peg and Awl
- SKU: HUNT7CL
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- Brass rivets and button studs
- 1 interior pocket
- 7 canvas colours available
- Minimally packaged with a letterpressed tag and string
- Weight is approximately 9 oz.
- Inches: 8″ tall by 7.25″ wide by 2.25″ deep
- Metric: 20.3 cm tall by 18.4 cm wide by 5.7 cm deep
- Inches: Approximately 42″ long; 21″ shoulder drop, adjustable
- Metric: Approximately 106.7 cm long; 64.8 cm shoulder drop, adjustable
- Interior Pocket:
- Inches: 5.5″ wide by 4.5″ tall
- Metric: 14 cm wide by 11.4 cm tall
- To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed on the product page for handmade items for an accurate idea of when handmade items will ship. We typically ship orders that do not include a handmade item, such as pens and accessories, within 1 to 3 business days.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for the above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.