Waxed Canvas Tote
The Waxed Canvas Tote boasts the permanence of waxed canvas while also incorporating vintage fabric lined pockets, ethically sourced vegetable tanned leather straps, and brass rivets and studs. This is the holy grail in unisex carryall totes: practical and perfect in every way. This tote was built to endure. Load it up, bring it everywhere.
Waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
About the Waxed Canvas Tote
- Manufacturer: Peg and Awl
- SKU: TT16CLZIP
- - 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- - Adjustable and detachable reclaimed leather strap
- - Ethically Sourced Vegetable Tanned Leather
- - Vintage zipper
- - Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- - Brass rivets and button studs
- - Fits up to a 13″ laptop
- - 1 large exterior, 5 interior pockets
- - 7 colours available
- - Minimally packaged with a letterpressed tag and string
- Weight is approximately 1 lb. 4 oz.
- Inches: 10.5″ tall by 16″ wide (top), 12″ wide (bottom) by 6″ deep
- Metric: 26.5 cm by 40.6 cm wide (top), 30.5 cm wide (bottom) by 15.2 cm deep
- Shoulder Strap:
- Inches: Approximately 45″ long; 17″ shoulder drop
- Metric: Approximately 114 cm long; 43 cm shoulder drop
- Inches: Approximately 10″ long; 4″ handle drop
- Metric: Approximately 25.4 cm long; 10 cm handle drop
- Exterior Pocket:
- Inches: 16″ wide by 7.5″ tall
- Metric: 40.64 cm wide by 19.1 cm tall
- Interior Pockets:
- Inches: Two 5.5″ wide by 7″ tall; One 2″ wide by 7″ tall; Two pen/pencil sized
- Metric: Two 14 cm wide by 17.8 cm tall; One 5.1 cm wide by 17.8 cm tall; Two pen/pencil sized
- Chemicals will weaken the leather over time. Be patient. Its ruggedness will grow in character with you.
- Don't be afraid of a scuff. Lick your finger. Rub it in. The oils from your skin shape the patina's look over time. So go ahead. Handle it!
- Avoid leaving leather for extended periods of time in direct sunlight or extreme heat. We recommend Rustico's Custom Designed Leather Cleaner for additional leather cleaning and conditioning.
- To ensure the careful quality for which we’re known, it takes us some time to craft, package, and ship handmade or personalized items from our workshop. Please refer to the stated production batch date listed on the product page for handmade items for an accurate idea of when handmade items will ship. We typically ship orders that do not include a handmade item, such as pens and accessories, within 1 to 3 business days.
- International orders will ship using the method quoted at checkout, either USPS or UPS International. International delivery times vary depending on the customs office of the arrival country and MAY be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are the responsibility of the buyer. Customs vary widely from country to country, so please contact your local customs bureau for more information. Generally for large value shipments, you are required to pay an entry fee, plus a certain percentage of the value of the order.
- Rustico will not be held liable for shipments that are lost or stolen.
- If your order has not shipped and you would like to cancel it, you may do so within 24 hours of ordering. In times of high volume, such as during the holiday season, this time may be reduced to 12 hours.
- Please account for this above details when placing an order. For more information you can view our full shipping and returns policy here.
The bag has lots of storage pockets and the leather strap is beautiful. The actual tote which is cloth material seems to attract and show dust.